Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Our sweet baby girl!! Introducing Kyree Renae Vernon!

We have had a new addition to our family, Kyree Renae Vernon. She was born November 12th, 2015, she was 7 pounds 12 ounces and we love her to pieces. Its weird to be a family of 4 now, or to hear people talk about my kidS instead of just Ashton, but it has been pure joy!

So to go into the birth a little bit for memories sake, November 12th was actually her due date. That day I had a doctor's appointment at 8:30 in the morning. I went in and was dialated to 3 centimeters so my doctor wanted to schedule an induction for the next week in case I went over. I told her I was ready to just schedule an induction for the next day, Friday. So she agreed, and we scheduled an induction for 7:00 the next morning. After leaving the doctor there was a lot I needed to get done before getting induced the next day, and I wanted to have a little shopping pity party for myself because I really wanted to just naturally go into labor, not get induced. So me and Ashton headed to Ogden to shop! We stopped at Gordmans, then Shopko, then Babies R Us... I actually wanted to do some more shopping but Ashton was being a real stinker that day so I decided we just needed to head home. Around 12:15 I tried to put Ashton down for his nap and rocked him for about a half hour, he wasn't having anything to do with going to sleep. So he got to hang out in his room for like an hour and a half cause we at least needed quiet time. I went into my room to read scriptures and while I was reading I started having contractions. They kinda hurt and seemed to kinda be consistent so I decided I should time them. They were only 8 minutes apart, but they say to not go to the hospital till they are 4-5 minutes apart. I waited a little longer and around probably 2:00 they were 4 minutes apart but not super consistent. About 3:30 I was getting nervous so I called my mom, asked her if I should go in, she told me to call the doctor, they told me to go in, I called Rory so that he could head home, called my mom back so she could head up to watch Ashton. Unfortunately, Rory was 25 mins away, and my mom was an hour away. While waiting for them to get to the house the contractions were getting extremely painful. It was to the point where I couldn't stand or sit still while having one. Poor Ashton was having to entertain himself and watch me in pain, I felt so bad!! Rory finally got home but my mom was still 20 mins away. We decided to be all ready and in the car out in the driveway when she got here cause I was dying, and I was having extreme urges to push. Luckily, Heavenly Father had an instrument in his hands that day, my friend Brittany showed up to bring by a "hospital stay gift." I didn't get to talk to her cause I was in extreme pain, but Rory asked if she could stay with Ashton until my mom got to our house, luckily she said yes, so we rushed to the hospital. It was a LONG ride, I could barely hold on, and still had extreme urges to push. When Rory went to turn into the hospital I told him it was not the turn cause I didn't remember driving even half the distance cause I was in such pain!! We got to the hospital, didn't know where to go so we just went to the ER entrance. They had to get a wheelchair for me to get out of the car, they took me up to Labor and Delivery floor, got me in a room, had me take my clothes off which was extremely difficult cause the contractions were like a minute apart by now. I don't even remember anyone taking my clothes and putting them in a bag. I finally got in the hospital bed and nurses and doctors and who knows who else was coming in and out. They had to break my water, and told me that I was at 10 centimeters. There was no time for an IV, no time for an epidural, it just was time to start pushing. OH MY GOODNESS, I will never have a kid without an epidural again. I always see in the movies women screaming and yelling when they have a kid and just thought that was for dramatic affect... No, that's for real when you don't have an epidural. I felt so out of control of my body, it was just doing its own thing, including yelling which I thought was extremely embarrassing. I just always try to tell myself that they've probably seen worse. Rory got into the room during the pushing thank goodness, and about 7-10 minutes after he got in the room out came our sweet little girl! The nurses said that from the time I got to the hospital, to the time that I had her was 14 minutes!! Um, insane! Thank goodness we made it!

Miss Kyree Renae Vernon was 7 pounds, 12 ounces. She is absolutely beautiful. They instantly put her on my chest and let her hang out there probably for a good half hour. She cried for a bit but then cozied right on up and fell asleep. Though it was the most painful thing I have ever experienced in my life, we are so grateful to have her here with us, she has been such a pleasure to have, and such a better baby than Ashton. :) She was born on a Thursday, and we stayed at the hospital thru Saturday. My parents stayed with Ashton those two days and he had such a blast with them, and they were awesome with him and got him all excited about his baby sister. We had many visitors in the hospital during our stay. I was very anxious for Ashton to come see her and see his reaction. My parents brought him on Friday and needless to say when he first got there he was pretty scared. I think the whole me in a hospital gown and in a hospital bed was a little scary for him, which I can understand. I have a small video of it, but video's don't want to work on here so oh well.


After he got over being scared he was pretty excited to know that Kyree had "brought him a present." So daddy helped him open it and he found his new Woody doll from Toy Story. He was pretty excited about that and talked about that for a few days. When he left the hospital after coming to meet her he said "Bye Bye Kyree" and that was just too much for my emotional heart, it brought me to tears! So sweet! We had many visitors come to the hospital which was great, cause hospital stays are boring, so here's a few pics. I unfortunately didn't get a picture of my mom, Megan, or Chelsea, don't know what happened there.









Jared and Hayley were able to come down and meet Kyree a couple weeks later, unfortunately I didn't get pictures of that either. And before Thanksgiving Bree and Trav and their family were able to finally come and meet her. (we had tried to get together for weeks, but we were sick, then they were sick, and it didn't work out for a few weeks!) Aliyah is very excited about babies and was extremely excited to meet Kyree!! She was in her happy place when she finally  got to hold Kyree and didn't want to let her go! It was absolutely adorable!!



And just a few more pictures of the first couple days with Kyree at home!


No comments:

Post a Comment